OpenREM Release Notes¶
Release notes and upgrade instructions¶
Version specific information¶
Generic upgrade instructions¶
- Make sure you have setup South before you upgrade – see Database migrations for details.
- Always consult the specific version release notes linked above before upgrading.
pip install openrem -U
Note - this will upgrade OpenREM and all the programs it depends on (e.g. Django)
Always do a database migration using South after an upgrade in case any of the database models have changed. This will normally not be the case.
- Linux: python /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/manage.py schemamigration --auto remapp
- Windows: C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\openrem\manage.py schemamigration --auto remapp
If response to the last command is ‘Nothing seems to have changed’, no migration is required. Else, follow the instructions to migrate:
- Linux: python /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openrem/manage.py migrate remapp
- Windows: C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\openrem\manage.py migrate remapp
Restart the web server¶
Restart the web server to enable any changes that have been made to the web interface.